Well... what a lazy sod. Not on the activity front but on the blogging. My previous levels of activity have been maintained but getting around to blogging about it within 24hrs has been hard work. Coupled with the fact that I suffer from professorial absent mindedness, the blog hasn't been happening.
Probably easier to tell you the days I've missed rather than list everything I've done. Missed 3 days in total since my last check in. 1 was a busy family day with a visit to Petersfield (or Pizzafield if you are one of our kids, due to the frequency of visits to that particular Pizza Express!) for a panto showing (and pizza, of course). Good fun it was too. And this weekend was a wash out due to decorating Jack's bedroom. That was quite tiring and I was tempted to log it but I don't think it would pass really.
Activities that are noteworthy. Well done to RunningBeeArr on a PB in the Stubbington10k. Good prep for the Pompey Half Marathon that is looming imminently. Jack did well in the junior fun run on the same day. He's a good little runner. When he gets older and learns to control his effort over distance, I reckon he'll be a force to reckon with.
I did something completely new to me this week. A track bike session at Calshot Activity Centre. All in preparation for the hour challenge I'm doing later this year for charity (details will follow). Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I've spent hours in the saddle of a road bike before, feeling the pain of going over some of the legendary climbs of the Alps and Pyrenees, but track riding has never really interested me. I'm more of a slow twitch man in my advancing years. Track is a different kind of effort altogether. This challenge is going to be hard work and fun at the same time I reckon.
Back on the Janathon track, I've just been for a hilly lunchtime 4.45k run. Those that have been following me will know I don't really run a great deal. Not because I don't like it. I do. But my joints aren't great and in particular, my ankle has been quite sore for a while. I've done a few 3km runs to test it out and it's been ok recently, if not a little achy afterwards. So today I pushed it a bit further and so far, so good (touch wood). I'm seeing a physio later this week about my elbow tendinitis so if it flares up, I'll ask for some advice. But if I can build on that run, I'll be happy. For now at least.

No comments:
Post a Comment